Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The First Year...a Day At A Time

#1 User is offline   SusieQsDaughter 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

On December 4th 2012 My endearing Mom passed. This year is my first to reflect upon. She maintains a place in my heart always. Its both a burden and a blessing to write this. Who would have thought that a loss like this would bring me back to a community of those who walked this very path.

I can tell you each when she took her last breath and the songs I sang to her ( and not to well I might add!).

I shall go to church as a mass is being said...and weep I shall. She loved as best she could and fought as best she be here. Her body surrendered graciously.

I still have many items of hers I cannot part with. Maybe that says alot about her. She taught me to cherish the little things in respect that which is earned and to be kind to that which was created with love.

As the time nears to this first anniversary....I miss her her and can say whole heartedly that my life has not been the same without her. She left a family that now grieves separately ....I smile infrequently....yet when I do smile in memories of her...they are the medicine to heal this heart that was once broken....

To my mother and for my mother....I love you more...!
Teddi Daughter to Marie "SusieQ"- Passing date: 12/04/2012

Our saying....I Love you...(pause)..MORE!

#2 User is offline   Michael H 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

I,like many others echo your thoughts and sentiments. Our Moms are the center of our world and life is not now, nor ever can be the same after they pass on. This will be my third Christmas without her and like yourself the memories of the past are the only Christmas smiles to be had. God Bless your Mom and yourself.May you have peace in your life.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users