Creating And Managing Your Blog

#1 User is offline   Jami 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

Creating and Managing Your Blog

Creating a Blog
You can create your own blog within the community. To do so, visit the "Blogs" tab in your settings panel.
Posted Image

Under "Your Current BLogs" you will see your current blog if you have one.

To create a blog, you will see a section titled "Create a Blog" - you must read and accept the terms by checking the box, and pressing Next >.

You can then give your blog a name and description and choose if it will be a local or external blog. When you are ready, press Finish.

You will now be taken back to the "Create a Blog" and "Your Current Blogs" view. Make sure if you are setting up an external blog that you now go into your blog settings and enter your blog URL.

You may be able to create more than one blog, and you may not have all settings mentioned above available to you.

Your Blog Settings
From the "Blogs" area of your settings panel, you can click on "Options" button to manage you blog:
Posted Image

* View Blog - This is where you view your blog
* Post New Entry - add a blog entry
* Manage Settings - general settings for your blog such as the name, description. You may also be able to change the view permissions. "Public" means all members that can see the blogs can see your blog, "Private Club" means that only members you allow can see your blog, and "Private" means only you can see your blog. Some of these options may not be available.
* Your local blog settings - If you have a local blog, you can configure here various settings such as guest access, comments and trackbacks.
* RSS Settings - You may be able to disable RSS, or enable an alternate RSS service here.
* Customize the look of your Blog - You may be able to change the way your blog is displayed here such as the style it uses, and the number of entries shown per page.
* Private Club - If your blog is in "Private Club" mode, you can enter who has access to your blog here.
* Editors - You may be able to assign additional people permission to add entries to your blog. Enter the names of members who should have this permission here.
* Your external blog settings - If you have an external blog, you can enter the URL to it here.

Adding Entries
To add an entry, click "Post new entry" beside your blog from the "Options" button in your blog settings.

You will need to enter a title for your entry. You can enter "tags" for your entry, which can be used to separate entries into categories if you frequently blog about multiple subjects.

You may be able to choose the date that the entry is posted on, and if you have more than one blog, you can choose the blog it should be saved to.

You may be able to add a poll to your entry just like you would on the forums.

You should the type your entry like any message. You may be able to add attachments to your entry.

At the very bottom of the page you can choose to submit your entry as a "Draft", meaning it will not be published right away, or, as "Published", which will mean it is immediately available for others to view.

When you are ready, press Post New Entry.

Changing Your Blog Header
You may be able to change your blog's header to a different style by pressing the " Change Header" button from your blog. This will bring up a pop-up displaying the header styles you can choose from. Click on a style to change your header.

Changing Your Blog Theme
You may be able to change your blog's theme to a different style by pressing the " Change Theme" button from your blog. This will bring up a pop-up displaying the styles you can choose from. Click on a style to change your blog.

You may be able to create your own theme by pressing the " Create a custom theme" option. This will bring up a box that will allow you to change the theme of your blog by entering custom CSS code, or using the color picker. Once you have saved your theme, it may have to be approved by an administrator before it becomes active.

Content Blocks
You can add content blocks by pressing the " Add Blocks" button from your blog.

The functions of the default blocks are explained earlier in this help file, or you may be able to add your own blocks by pressing the " Add Custom Content Block" option. There may be additional content block options available.

You can move your content blocks by clicking and holding on the title bar and then moving them to the new location, which can be in the left or right columns.

To remove a content block, press the icon.
Jami,
daughter of Lois (\O/)
"first my mother, always my angel, forever my friend"
http://www.momshalo.org

#2 User is offline   piskie1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:33 AM

hEY :)
I have had a problem with my email account,and it's caused me to have to shut it down. I have re-registered here under Piskie1 rather than Piskie....but I am one and the same person !!lol.

From hereon in I'll just be using Piskie1 :)

Just so you know!!

#3 User is offline   Jami 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

View Postpiskie1, on 05 June 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

hEY :)
I have had a problem with my email account,and it's caused me to have to shut it down. I have re-registered here under Piskie1 rather than Piskie....but I am one and the same person !!lol.

From hereon in I'll just be using Piskie1 :)

Just so you know!!

no problem. In the future you can email me jami@momshalo.org and I'll gladly reset your account. I will close the other account for you, but leave the posts you made. Unfortunately I cannot transfer posts made from your other account to the new one.

thanks
Jami
Jami,
daughter of Lois (\O/)
"first my mother, always my angel, forever my friend"
http://www.momshalo.org

#4 User is offline   piskie1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

Share this topic: