• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Position At Work

#1 User is offline   Tancy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Wow, it has been a very very long time since I posted here in the forums. I often come and read them but don't often find the time to post myself.

Well I got a new position at work for the next school year. Its funny because it is a position I have always planned on getting later on in my career. I figured I'd teacher for many years in the classroom, do a few more courses and then eventually get a Resource Teacher position. This year one became available in our school and I was asked if I'd like to do it. Of course it's sooner then I had planned but I couldn't really turn down the opportunity to do what I had always planned to do in my career. And like with any new exciting changes in my life it made me want to be able to share this news with my mom. I've actually been struggling the past 4 months or so with grief I didn't deal with when my parents died, and this is just adding to the hole that is in my heart that is aching and missing them so much. I know I did the best I could at the time as a teenager grieving for the loss of 1 parents, then adding the illness of my mom on top of that a year later and then adding the grief of losing her the following year...I have a lot of regrets about how I handled things then but I am learning to handle things now which is good.

I'm excited about the new direction of my career and the challenges it brings but I so wish I could be sharing it with my parents!

~Tancy
~Tancy
}i{ May sweet memories of your mom wash over you like a soft gentle rain }i{

#2 User is offline   Jami 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Tancy!

congrats! that sounds wonderful! What will your duties be as a Resource Teacher? (excuse my ignorance!) It's wonderful that you are able to get this "dream job" so soon in your career.

One idea is to write a letter to your parents and tell them all about it. that may help you work thru the difficult time of not actually being able to call them up.

enjoy the new job!

hugs,
Jami
Jami,
daughter of Lois (\O/)
"first my mother, always my angel, forever my friend"
http://www.momshalo.org

#3 User is offline   Tancy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hi Jami,

Sorry I never replied to your message, in my mind I had but sometimes my mind is full of other thoughts and gets confused about what it has or hasn't done :) Now that I have been doing the Resource Teacher job for several months I can tell you a little about it because I was sooo not prepared for it! Mostly I do paperwork and meetings and paperwork about meetings and meetings about paperwork but it is for getting supports and services for students who have special needs whether identified or not yet identified. I love the job because I feel I am helping the students who are struggling and that has always been my area of passion. I am struggling to balance that half of my job with the teaching half of my job where I am teaching grade 5 half time but I'm learning slowly how to do that.

~Tancy
~Tancy
}i{ May sweet memories of your mom wash over you like a soft gentle rain }i{

#4 User is offline   Jami 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

View PostTancy, on 29 January 2011 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hi Jami,

Sorry I never replied to your message, in my mind I had but sometimes my mind is full of other thoughts and gets confused about what it has or hasn't done :) Now that I have been doing the Resource Teacher job for several months I can tell you a little about it because I was sooo not prepared for it! Mostly I do paperwork and meetings and paperwork about meetings and meetings about paperwork but it is for getting supports and services for students who have special needs whether identified or not yet identified. I love the job because I feel I am helping the students who are struggling and that has always been my area of passion. I am struggling to balance that half of my job with the teaching half of my job where I am teaching grade 5 half time but I'm learning slowly how to do that.

~Tancy

well that does sound very fulfilling! Thanks for the update. it's great to hear from you!
Jami,
daughter of Lois (\O/)
"first my mother, always my angel, forever my friend"
http://www.momshalo.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users