• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mother has Alzheimer's Dealing with losing mom slowly

#1 User is offline   tapaulus 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:01 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else out there is losing their mother to dementia. I'm having a hard time watching her digress.

Tina

#2 User is offline   Jami 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 November 2003 - 06:01 PM

Tina,

how are you doing? I wonder if you are able to find some sort of support group to help you out? It must not be easy watching her digress.

thinking of you,
Jami,
daughter of Lois (\O/)
"first my mother, always my angel, forever my friend"
http://www.momshalo.org

#3 User is offline   dksmska 

• Pip

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

Don't know if your still out there, but if you are, I wish you strenght in dealing with the loss of your mother. In dealing with her, remember to honor who she was in your life. Mothering is the hardest thing in this world, but I would think that losing your memories would be harder, and facing that as someone's child would be even harder. I wish you strength, and hopefully pride in who she was. If you need to chat , please e-mail me at dksmska@yahoo.com. I don't know what you're going through, but I am a great listener. Good luck, Keri

#4 User is offline   Rosie 

• Pip

Posted 16 October 2005 - 08:36 PM

Believe me, I know what you are going thru. My Mom broke her hip in April of 2002. And it was downhill from there. The dimentia set in. And when she got ill, and had to go from hospital to a home, it got worse. I want to remember the mother I knew. As there were times myself or my aunt would go in, and were never sure if she really knew who we were. Truly heartbreaking!

She decided not to eat, drink, or take her meds, which led to complications with dehydration, oxygen, potassiun, which eventually led to her death. It is a horrible disease. And I suppose I should be thianful it happened rather quickly, instead of allowing her to linger in a manic or vegetative state. They can send men into space, but cannot find a cure for this debilitating disease. Peace be with you and your Mom. I can feel your pain.

Rosie

#5 User is offline   Colleen 

• PipPip

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

I am so sorry for the slow downhill disease your mom is suffering from. How so sad to watch.
The pain of watching our mom go through the process of death ~ There is no GOOD way for it to happen.
I think a support group would really be beneficial for you and your family

(((hugs)))
Colleen ~ daughter # 2[color=#9932CC]

daughter of Merry[color="#800080"]

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users